Dental Implants in Austin, TX
Dental implants are a safe, reliable, and highly successful solution for replacing one or more missing teeth permanently. The treatment involves implanting a small titanium screw into the jawbone, so it acts as the foundation for your new tooth replacement.
The technology behind dental implants has been around since the 1960s, and has been well-proven to replace one or several missing teeth in both the upper and lower jaws. The result is an attractive, durable tooth replacement that stimulates the underlying bone, contributing to healthy gums around the new tooth.
Other benefits of dental implants include:
- Secure and permanent tooth replacement
- Look, feel, and function like natural teeth
- Stimulate the surrounding soft and hard tissues. This in turn ensures an attractive result and helps to maintain facial structures.
- No work is done on the surrounding healthy, natural teeth
- The result is comfortable, with no adhesives required or the discomfort and insecurity associated with ill-fitting dentures
- Easy to care and maintain your new teeth, just like your natural teeth, with normal brushing and flossing
What to expect
Dental implants are made from titanium, a biocompatible metal that completely integrates with human bone. If the dentist determines that you’re a good candidate for implants, he will surgically insert a titanium screw into your jawbone. Dental implants come in different sizes to suit the quality of your jawbone.
As it heals in the next few months, the screw will integrate with the underlying bone, through a process known as osseointegration. This will result in a strong and steady support for your new teeth that functions as the root.
When the titanium implant has healed, a titanium or ceramic abutment is attached to it on one side to hold the tooth in place. Your replacement tooth is then connected to the abutment on the other side. The tooth is custom made to match the shape and color of your existing natural teeth.
There are multiple options for your replacement teeth when using dental implants:
- Crown - for replacing one or more teeth, each with a separate implant
- Bridge - for replacing two or more teeth
- Overdenture - for replacing all the teeth in an arch. Multiple implants may be required.
Request an Appointment for Dental Implants(512) 441-2098
Are Dental Implants Right for Me?
Dental implants are the ideal tooth replacement option for anyone missing one or several teeth. Each solution is custom designed for your specific situation, with some patients requiring additional treatments such as bone grafting to ensure a successful tooth replacement.
Please visit Park Dental in Austin to learn more about dental implants and whether they’re the right solution to restore the function and aesthetic of your mouth. Contact us online or call (512) 441-2098 to schedule an appointment.